September 9, 2021
Since the COVID-19 Pandemic came to us in March of 2020 all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Minnesota State OSHA and the Minnesota Board of Dentistry (MN BOD). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
If you have not been to our office since the pandemic started you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff in light of emerging scientific understanding of COVID-19. For example:
- Per Minnesota State rules for healthcare facility we ask that you wear a mask or one can be provided for you
- We will ask you some screening questions.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- In the event you need to wait to be seated in a treatment room or a ride brings you that needs to wait for you, we ask you to check in at the front desk and you or your ride will be issued a pager to take back to the car. The pager will be activated when it is time to be seated or when your ride can come in and assist you in exiting.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 507-532-3353.
Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Our office and staff are implementing every single requirement, suggestion, and option offered to ensure your safety as well as comfort. Thank you for being our patient(s) and trusting us with your dental care. We value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Michael R. Thomas and the Smile Designers Team